WHAT IS REIKI?
Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing. It is administered by “laying on hands” and is based on the idea that an unseen “life force energy” flows through us and is what causes us to be alive. If one’s “life force energy” is low, then we are more likely to get sick or feel stress, and if it is high, we are more capable of being happy and healthy.
The word Reiki is made of two Japanese words – Rei which means “God’s Wisdom or the Higher Power” and Ki which is “life force energy”. So Reiki is actually “spiritually guided life force energy.”
A treatment feels like a wonderful glowing radiance that flows through and around you. Reiki treats the whole person including body, emotions, mind and spirit creating many beneficial effects that include relaxation and feelings of peace, security and wellbeing. Many have reported miraculous results.
Reiki is a simple, natural and safe method of spiritual healing and self-improvement that everyone can use. It has been effective in helping virtually every known illness and malady and always creates a beneficial effect. It also works in conjunction with all other medical or therapeutic techniques to relieve side effects and promote recovery.
An amazingly simple technique to learn, the ability to use Reiki is not taught in the usual sense, but is transferred to the student during a Reiki class. This ability is passed on during an “attunement” given by a Reiki master and allows the student to tap into an unlimited supply of “life force energy” to improve one’s health and enhance the quality of life.
Its use is not dependent on one’s intellectual capacity or spiritual development and therefore is available to everyone. It has been successfully taught to thousands of people of all ages and backgrounds.
While Reiki is spiritual in nature, it is not a religion. It has no dogma, and there is nothing you must believe in order to learn and use Reiki. In fact, Reiki is not dependent on belief at all and will work whether you believe in it or not. Because Reiki comes from God, many people find that using Reiki puts them more in touch with the experience of their religion rather than having only an intellectual concept of it.
While Reiki is not a religion, it is still important to live and act in a way that promotes harmony with others. Mikao Usui, the founder of the Reiki system of natural healing, recommended that one practice certain simple ethical ideals to promote peace and harmony, which are nearly universal across all cultures.
During a meditation several years after developing Reiki, Mikao Usui decided to add the Reiki Ideals to the practice of Reiki. The Ideals came in part from the five prinicples of the Meiji emperor of Japan whom Mikao Usui admired. The Ideals were developed to add spiritual balance to Usui Reiki. Their purpose is to help people realize that healing the spirit by consciously deciding to improve oneself is a necessary part of the Reiki healing experience. In order for the Reiki healing energies to have lasting results, the client must accept responsibility for her or his healing and take an active part in it. Therefore, the Usui system of Reiki is more than the use of the Reiki energy. It must also include an active commitment to improve oneself in order for it to be a complete system. The ideals are both guidelines for living a gracious life and virtues worthy of practice for their inherent value.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF REIKI
Reiki works on different levels the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual enhancing everything in life. Reiki is not only one of the oldest healing systems in use; it is also one of the most versatile. This ancient Japanese method of healing uses energy to balance the body and mind, and its benefits can be felt by both Reiki practitioners and their clients. In fact, Reiki is believed to improve just about any aspect of life, from physical health to emotional well-being to stress reduction and mental clarity. Reiki techniques are used to heal the body, mind and the spirit. It has been proven that Reiki can help people suffering from various major and minor ailments. It is often used as a complementary therapy in a number of hospitals today. It enhances the health care the patient receives in both in the hospital and from outpatient health care providers. Reiki has not only helped patients with physical ailments but also helped those with minor psychological problems as well.
- One of the greatest Reiki healing health benefits is stress reduction and relaxation, which triggers the body’s natural healing abilities (immune system), aids in better sleep and improves and maintains health.
- Reiki helps bring about inner peace and harmony. It can be valuable tool in the quest for spiritual growth
- Reiki also balances the mind and emotions. Regular Reiki treatments can bring about a calmer and more peaceful state of being, in which a person is better able to cope with everyday stress. This mental balance also enhances learning, memory and mental clarity. Reiki can heal mental/emotional wounds, work through dysfunction In more severe situations, Reiki can help alleviate mood swings, fear, frustration and even anger. Reiki can also strengthen and heal personal relationships. Because Reiki enhances your capability to love, it can open you up to the people around you and help your relationships grow. By improving your capacity for empathy, Reiki allows you to connect with people on a deeper level.
- Reiki offers relief during emotional distress and sorrow. Reiki helps in the grieving process. It cleans and clears the emotions, preventing them from being so draining and offers perspective.
- On the physical level, Reiki helps to relieve pain from migraine, arthritis, sciatica ~ just to name a few. It also helps with symptoms of asthma, chronic fatigue, menopausal symptoms, and insomnia.
- Reiki speeds up recovery from surgery or long-term illness. As it helps in adjusting to medicine/treatment, it also tends to reduce side-effects. For example, Chemo-therapy patients who received Reiki noticed a marked decrease in side effects from treatment.
- Reiki can be an effective way to treat immediate problems, such as physical or mental illness (recovery from surgery, but regular treatments can also improve overall health. By helping to maintain a state of physical and emotional balance, Reiki can not only treat problems, but perhaps even prevent them from ever developing.
REIKI IS FOR EVERYONE:
It heals adults, babies, toddlers, children, elderly and pets.
Balance Reiki & Nutrition founder Susan Faith Noss, MS, RD offers an innovative approach with substantial information and real answers personally for you! For over 20 years, Susan has helped people like you improve their health with by making nutritional and lifestyle changes … changes they often were never advised of anywhere else.
Susan enjoys consultations because they provide an important connection to help her understand the issues that most people are struggling with today. This challenges her to find the very best ways to help you.
Private consultations are tailored to your specific needs. Susan will begin by conducting an in-depth evaluation of your symptoms and overall health, and then she will work with you to create a complete plan to begin your journey toward wellness. You will leave with a foundation of wellness to build upon and an entire health program mapped out specifically for you.
A REIKI TREATMENT
A Reiki Treatment is a light, hands-on process whereby a Reiki practitioner accesses the balancing and healing vibration of Reiki, and applies that energy vibration to a recipient. The recipient can be the practitioner’s own body, any other body, or any living thing. A full, formal Reiki treatment usually lasts about an hour to an hour and a half.
A Reiki Treatment is safe, non-intrusive, non-invasive and non-manipulative. The recipient remains fully clothed, and no substances are applied to the body. The Reiki practitioner lays hands on positions in several areas of the body for approximately five minutes in each position: four on the head, four on the chest (from shoulders to pelvic area) and four on the back (from shoulders to tailbone). Additional positions as may be added as needed. While focus is given to the major organs, glands and systems of the body, every cell of the body will benefit from Reiki.
The process of a treatment is usually very relaxing, brings feelings of warmth, well-being and comfort, and the recipient usually falls into a light sleep. In addition to the formal positions, Reiki can be applied to any area of the body for any amount of time. (Five minutes of Reiki is better tan no minutes of Reiki!) Reiki works through bandages and casts, and can even be transmitted at a distance.
Reiki can relieve can relieve pain and acute symptoms quite rapidly, more chronic conditions conditions may require more extensive or repeated treatments. The number and length of treatments usually depends upon the root cause of a problem, the amount of energy needed to revitalize the ailing part of the body, and the time needed to bring the body back to a natural balance which it can maintain. Please remember that you also learn Reiki yourself, for your own support and healing.
A Reiki Practitioner is a person who has attended a training class and has been attuned to Reiki energy. The practitioner knows how to access and transmit Reiki energy. The practitioner is not actually “doing” the healing – only transmitting the energy . Each body had an innate wisdom of its own. It is the recipient’s body that determines the flow of Reiki, the amount received, where and how the energy will be used in the body, and the progress made in one’s own healing process.
Becoming a Reiki Practitioner takes treatment to a deeper level, bringing Reiki energy into your life on a daily basis, creating a continuous healing process for your body, mind and spirit. Anyone who feels so called can learn the natural healing art of Reiki.
FIVE TIPS TO LOSE WEIGHT WITH REIKI
If you’re trying to lose weight, you probably know that dieting doesn’t work as often as it should, and even when it does, it doesn’t stick for as long as it should. Or, rather, we don’t manage to stick to it.
HERE’S SOME TIPS THAT MAY HELP YOU IN YOUR PURSUIT.
- Always Reiki your food. Intend that healing energy is discharged in your body as the food is digested and burned, and that it helps you become healthier, happier, and that it makes your body stronger.
- Love your body. Tell yourself “I love my body” and notice how that makes you feel. If you feel any resistance, relax, take a “step back”, and just let it be. Allow yourself not to love your body, just for a short while. Then start the flow of Reiki and bring in feelings of peace. Repeat until you sense you’re done for now, and resume later if you feel it helps.
- Drink plenty of Reiki water. Aim that it gets into your body and cleans it. Say may this water remove the toxins that do not serve me or my body anymore.
- Write on a piece of paper an affirmation that resonates well with you and has a positive message. Such as I am losing weight in the healthiest possible manner, at the most appropriate pace, for the highest good of myself and those around me. Keep this paper with you, and send energy to it daily, even multiple times a day. Make free use of Hon Sha Ze Sho Nen.
- Use a yellow crystal, such as citrine, tiger’s eye, golden topaz etc, charge it with energy, and place it on your solar plexus chakra. And then keep sending energy to this chakra. The solar plexus chakra deals with your will power, and this exercise will balance it, giving you extra determination and drive if you need it.