PRE MARITAL CHECK UP
|OVERVIEW OF PREMARITAL SCREENING|
|Marriage is considered a remarkable event in the individuals’ lives, as they work on starting a family, and through which the individual ushers a new stage in terms of building the emotional, social, familial, and healthy relationships. And it also guarantees preventing the couple from the hereditary and infectious diseases; in order to build a happy, stable family, getting along well.The injury of any of the family members with hereditary and infectious diseases leads to foul the pleasure of life and several psychological, social, and economic problems. Not to mention the medical disorders and their repercussions on the patient, family, and community.
DEFINITION OF THE HEALTHY MARRIAGE:
Healthy marriage is defined as state of agreement and harmony between the marriage partners with regard to the healthy, psychological, sexual, social, and legislative aspects, aiming at making a sound family and begetting healthy, happy children.
DEFINITION OF PREMARITAL SCREENING:
It is defined as conducting examination for soon-to-be married in order to identify if there is any injury with genetic blood diseases such as sickle-cell anemia (SCA) and Thalassemia, and some infectious diseases such as hepatitis B, C and HIV “Aids”. This is in order to provide medical consultation on the odds of transmitting these diseases to the other marriage partner or the children in the future, and to give options and alternatives before soon-to-be married with the aim of helping them plan for a healthy, sound family.
OBJECTIVES OF PREMARITAL SCREENING:
• The healthy marriage program is considered a national, communal. Aware, and preventive program aims at :
• Limiting the spread of some genetic blood diseases: sickle-cell anemia (SCA) and thalassemia, and some infectious diseases: hepatitis B, C and AIDS/HIV.
• Reducing the financial burdens resulting from the treatment of the injured in terms of the family and community.
• Reducing pressure over health institutions and blood banks.
• Avoiding the social and psychological problems for families whose children suffer.
• Making those seeking such an check-up feel at ease.
• Disseminating awareness with regard to the concept of the comprehensive, healthy marriage.
THE IMPORTANCE OF PRE-MARITAL MEDICAL CHECK UP
There might be a lot risks for you and your partner may face through the marriage.
WHEN IS THE RIGHT TIME TO CONDUCT PRE-MEDICAL CHECK UP?
Basically, Pre-Marital Medical Check Up can be done anytime, however the right time is six months before the wedding. So it is better if you can examine the health condition for both of you before getting married.
If any problems found from the result, doctor will perform a treatment to minimize further risks that may arise.
PRE-MARITAL MEDICAL CHECK UP:
- In general, Pre-Marital Medical Check Up includes blood test routine and hemoglobin analysis to check if there are any blood abnormalities, for an example, thalassemia trait.
- Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate (ESR) is conducted to know about the inflammation process.
- Blood type and Rhesus factor test, to know the possibility of baby’s blood type. The blood type and rhesus test are useful for the fetus.
- Complete Urine Test, to monitor kidney function and other disease that is related to kidney or urinary tract.
- Blood sugar test is conducted to monitor the possibility of diabetes mellitus.
- HBsAG test is conducted to know the possibility of Hepatitis B.
- VDLR/RPR test is conducted to know the possibility of syphilis disease.
- TORCH test is conducted to detect the infection caused by Toxoplasma parasite, Rubella virus, Cytomegalo virus (CMV), Herpes virus which can cause defects on fetus and premature babies.
Complete Haemogram, Blood Group & Rh Typing, RBS, HbA1C, VDRL, HIV, HbsAg, Urine routine, Semen Analysis, Consultation with Sexual / Reproductive Medicine.
Complete Haemogram, Blood Group & Rh Typing, RBS, HbA1C, VDRL, HIV, HbsAg, Urine routine, Pelvic Ultra Sound screening, Consultation with Gynaecologist.