BODY CUTTING PREFACE:
Trying to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time is impossible. It just can’t be done. This is why people who are trying to do both at the same time see no results and give up. You have to do gaining muscle and losing fat in phases. This phase is called the cutting phase, it is basically cutting away all the extra body fat that has been gained while on the bulking cycle. Things to keep in mind are that no matter how you cut down, you will almost definately lose some muscle size, its unstopable, unless your using sport enhancing drugs, but this plan is not for that so we shall leave that idea out! Not a great deal of muscle size will be lost, the majority of size lost will be the body fat surrounding all of your muscles, not just that bit on your gut you wish to lose! The whole of your body holds a general layer of fat around it so when you cut down, you will lose size on your arms, waste, legs etc Not to worry though, you will look and feel much better for it, your muscle will show through your skin much clearer, you will look more defined and appealing to the eye. You will lose that bloated look and hopefully get that six pack that you have always dreamed of having.
What we would like to achieve at this stage, is to bring the percentage of body fat down to somewere below 10% this is the percentage that reveals the abs. Also muscle fibres will appear more clearer and lines will start to show through on the chest etc
Cutting and dieting is extremely hard and takes a lot of work. Dieting is very important while trying to cut and cannot be ignored. It must be done properly and it must be always followed.
TIPS FOR CUTTING BODY FOR BODYBUILDING:
Drink plenty of water as mentioned in the bulking cycle, you should always keep hydrated! Also cut out the supplement creatine at this stage, it can hold water in your muscle which could create the illusion of no weight loss and make you look and feel bloated. You may want to supplement with caffeine at this stage quite alot as you will be tierd and lathargic alot of the time due to the fact your on a low carb diet and energy levels are low. Natural ways and probably the best way to supplement with caffeine is green tea, it is high in caffeine, can help to supress appetite and naturally helps the body to get rid of fat. Many weight loss supplements on the market today have green tea extract in them because it has such good results in helping to lose weight, it would be a mistake to miss out! As i said there are many fat loss and weight management supplements on the market today, some are absoloutely pointless and some have mild advantages to them. Be careful with these as alot of them are basically caffeine and green tea with a few amino acids thrown in and are highly priced. Some fat burners have something called thermongenics in them which mildly raise the body’s core tempreture thus raising metabolism, but nothing spectacular should be expected of these supplements. A good strict diet is unbeatable!
DIETS FOR THE CUTTING PHASE:
he cutting phase is a term bodybuilders use to describe the period of dieting leading up to a competition. While bodybuilders spend most of the year eating excess calories to build muscle, when a competition is looming, cutting calories is vital to help shed body fat and get as lean as possible for the stage.
Be Mr. or Ms. Moderate
A moderate approach to fat loss is best, according to the Sports Dietitians of Australia website, as cutting calories too quickly will result in muscle loss. On a balanced cutting diet you should consume between 13 and 17 calories per pound of body weight, notes bodybuilder, coach and nutritionist Dr. Layne Norton. You also need between 1.2 and 1.6 grams of protein per pound of body weight. Fat should make up 17 to 28 percent of your calorie intake, with the rest coming from carbs, Norton adds.
Cutting the Carbs
Some bodybuilders prefer to go for a lower-carb approach, known as a ketogenic diet. This involves keeping carbs very low during the week — to roughly 30 grams or below — with higher protein and higher fat intakes, followed by high-carb, low-fat foods at the weekend. Dr. Mauro DiPausquale writes in “The Anabolic Diet” that this approach helps to optimally burn fat while retaining muscle mass. Typical low-carb diets are often high in unhealthy fats, however, which may pose risks to your health, warns Harvard School of Public Health. You could, however, switch to a keto diet with mainly lean meats and get your fat from oily fish, nuts and seeds instead, which would be healthier.
Fighting the Fat
As an aspiring bodybuilder looking to cut calories and get lean, you may be tempted to opt only for low-fat foods. While this does enable you to keep a higher carb intake, which may help your energy levels, going too low with fat can also be detrimental. Low-fat diets aren’t as satisfying, according to Harvard, meaning you could be left feeling hungry. Additionally, healthy fats such as oily fish and nuts play an important role in hormone production and overall health.
The Best Approach
By far the most sensible, effective approach to take when cutting for a competition is the one that fits your lifestyle and preferences. Avoid anything drastic by keeping carbs, fats and proteins in your diet and eating a variety of foods. Always check with your doctor before starting a cutting diet phase. As you progress, lose body fat and get lighter, you will need to reduce your calorie intake to keep losing fat. While the number of calories you need to eat and the quantity of food will vary from person to person, a sample cutting diet might be an egg white omelet on an English muffin with watermelon and kiwi for breakfast. At lunch, have a whole-grain wrap with tuna, olive oil, a large salad and a handful of walnuts, with ground turkey, mixed vegetables and a baked potato for dinner. Snacks could be cottage cheese with peanut butter and blueberries, a protein shake or crackers with sliced turkey, avocado and reduced-fat cheese.
BODYBUILDING SUPPLEMENTS FOR CUTTING PHASE:
15 Tips for cutting phase success
- Do not keep by any magazines diets – fast results have lot of negative consequences.
- Remember that your nutrition plan is for whole life and it‘s not a diet!
- Do not mix products without harmonization: do not eat meat with potatoes, rice or other starchy carbohydrates, eat just with vegetables. Do not drink immediately before meal and do not drink during eating.
- Try no to eat after 7 p.m., if you really want to eat after that o‘clock then choose special protein cocktail.
- Refuse “uneatable“ things: white bread, coca-cola, all of carbonated beverages, sugar – entrust, after some time you‘ll see what damage did you get from these products.
- Try to eat more as possible fresh food, and remember that calories in fruits and in buns are really different, fresh calories are used in energy producing and not accumulating in organism, artificial calories – accumulating in organism in fat form.
- Eat 5-6 times a day. If you force organism to starve, it reacts by accumulating food materials because it‘s not clear when will be the next time it gets food.
- 30-40 minutes, 2-3 times a week cardio workout is necessary. If you keeping diet plan, it does not mean that you can be lazy! (you can choose physical activity by your own wish, from yoga to aerobics)
- Do not forget that during cardio workout fats are burning just when you doing moderate intensity aerobic work. Your pulse frequency has not exceed 70% from maximum heart contractions rate.
- Purchase pulse monitor – if you don‘t drive with closed eyes in the city, so it‘s not worth to do it during the trainings.
- Choose appropriate bodybuilding supplement for cutting phase, always consult with bodybuilding supplements specialists – just those people understand common bodybuilding supplements biochemistry, do not trust in promotional brochures – if it was suits for someone, it does not mean that it‘ll suits for you! It could be called as hole theory – hole could be called child’s blushed place near ocean and quarry hole, but for one fill need children shovel, for another need to hire heavy equipment.
- Choose bodybuilding supplements from reliable sources, also from a world-class company, do not trust in „miraculous“ products – skupin pays twice!
- Don‘t choose bodybuilding supplements by price and title!
- There is no most effective supplement for cutting, every food supplement is effective differently by every personal case because of that you need to consult with specialists.
- Drink water sufficiently, it doesn‘t let to accumulate natrium which „detain“water in organism. The approach „More you drink, more you swell“ – is WRONG!